Meet the Filmmakers and it’s parent company, ScreenZone Media Pty Ltd. have been proud supporters of the Byron Bay Film Festival for the last three years, and are again honoured to be sponsors of the $2000 Meet the Filmmaker International Documentary Prize 2015 to “promote films that question and enlarge our perception of the world around us.”
Last year’s winner was the highly acclaimed Gore Vidal: The United States of Amnesia by writer-director Nicholas Wrathall, available soon on www.meetthefilmmaker.com. Documentaries submitted to the festival are eligible for the prize by agreeing to sell their film through Meet the Filmmaker, which offers a one-stop show for film news, interviews and Video On Demand sales for new and emerging filmmakers both local and international.
Other winners from last year’s 8th Byron Bay international Film Festival awards were as follows:
- BBFF Best Film: When My Sorrow Died: The Legend Of Armen Ra & The Theremin (USA), Director, Robert Nazar Arjoyan
- BBFF Best Dramatic Feature: The Deflowering Of Eva Van End (Netherlands), Director, Michiel ten Horn
- BBFF Best Documentary: When My Sorrow Died: The Legend Of Armen Ra & The Theremin (USA), Director, Robert Nazar Arjoyan
- Screenzone International Documentary Prize: Gore Vidal: The United States Of Amnesia (USA), Director Nicholas D. Wrathall
- BBFF Best Surf Film: OUT In The Line-up (Australia), Director Ian W. Thompson
- BBFF Young Australian Filmmaker Of The Year: Directorformer Tropfest Winner, Genevieve Clay-Smith for The Interviewer (Australia)
- The Echo Best Byron Film: Tied between 2 Degrees (Australia) Director Jeff Canin and Burra Jurra (Australia) Director Juliet Carrington.
- The Byron At Byron Best Environmental Film: Gasland Part II (USA), Oscarnominated and Emmy-winning Director, Josh Fox.
- Fox Creek Wines Best Short Film: The Audition (USA),Director Michael Haussman
- BBFF Best Music Video: Tales Of Us by Goldfrapp (UK)Director Lisa Gunning
- BBFF Best Cinematography: God’s Got His Head In The Clouds (Italy), Director: Gianluca Sodaro
- BBFF Best Experimental Film: Leviathan Ages (UK), Director Jon Yeo
- Greenhouse FX Best Animation: Shave It (Argentina),Director Fernando Maldonado & Jorge Tereso
- BBFF Award for Outstanding Contribution to the Northern Rivers: IMAX pioneer, John Wylie
For more information, go to: https://meetthefilmmakers.com/filmmakers/meet-filmmakers-international-documentary-prize-2015 and the Byron Bay Film Festival 2015 website: http://www.bbff.com.auShare: